Our sister company www.campusfutures.co.uk has just finished helping Virgin Media with its 2013 graduate recruitment intake.
Our theme for 2013 was ‘Virgin Media wants your talent!’ and we ran a great on-campus and digital campaign across a number of UK universities. We highlighted the finance, marketing, business, service, operations and engineering graduate programmes and students enjoyed showing their diverse talents to us by solving puzzles, juggling and posing for pictures in our Hollywood inspired photo booth!
We met some really strong candidates throughout the recruitment process and had some tough decisions to make when it came down to deciding who to make job offers to. However, there were definitely some common themes when it came to the successful candidates – and we thought you’d find it useful to hear about that…
· Everyone really understood the company values – they’d done their research and could explain why the company culture appealed to them
· All of them had varied work experience – from volunteering to bar work, internships to flipping burgers. They’d really learned what they enjoy, what they’re good at and how to work with colleagues and customers
· They were all involved in activities above and beyond their studies. Some travelled, some played sports, lots were actively involved with societies and some had really eclectic (code for weird and wonderful) hobbies!
· Their initial applications really stood out. They had put thought into why they wanted to work at Virgin Media and their answers to our questions were natural, honest and not just a bog standard response to an interview question
· They stood out at the assessment centres because they relaxed and were able to be themselves. They showed us their personality at each stage of the assessment centre
We’re really looking forward to helping them develop into the future leaders of Virgin Media!
Want to learn more about the schemes for 2014? Please drop us a line at email@example.com
If you’d like to know more about how we might be able to help your company recruit graduates then please contact us on 0113 244 1010 or at firstname.lastname@example.org